Bugattin Aircraft crashed yesturday

PeteJ

Very sad news that the Bugatti P100 crashed yesturday killing it's builder and pilot Scotty Wilson. I became enamored with the aircraft after an artical in the Smithsonian Air & Space magazine introduced the reconstruction to me a couple of years ago. I have been working on Paul Fisher's (Fisher pattern) 1:24 scale replica. I ran into some issues and contacted Scotty in the hopes of getting some information. Come to find out, we gratuated pilot training a class apart in 1973 and we hit it off immidiately. He was most generous with his information and time and sent copies of plans and any other infromation he had. I was greatly saddened to hear of the loss of Scotty and his aircraft.

kfor.com/2016/08/06/historic-replica-airplane-the bugatti​-100p-crashes-burns-flat-pilot-and-designer-scotty-wilson-dies

• 1 month later...

I was saddened to hear of the death of Scotty Wilson and the loss of his replica Bugatti 100P Aircraft as I have been following the project with interest.

Over the years I have had an interest in the Bugatti 100 from way back in the 70's when i happened to find a copy of Air Progress on a dental visit. I built the little Projects 1/72nd scale kit back then as a review for Scale Models magazine here in the UK. In fact I still have an unbuilt Cooper resin kit in 1/43rd scale in my stash somewhere.

A friend of mine brought back a Fisher kit from the IPMS USA Nationals. I was very, very impressed with what I saw in the box, and I have lent all my 100P info to him for his build.

Peter Johnson, if you read this the Fisher kit looks great and should make up into a beautiful model to grace your shelves.

There is a guy in Holland named Jap Horst who has written a really detailed book about the Bugatti Aeroplane, and it is available from the Bugatti Trust here in the UK.

Archived