Anyone else excited for the Revell Tom Daniels kits?

philp

Built many of these kits back in the mid 70's but they were broken up in one of our moves.

I have one of the reissued S'cool Buses from 2003 but just could never bring myself to shell out the ebay prices for the others.

Now I will be able to get Rommel's Rod and Tijuana Taxi and just heard that they are also backdating the Hangman kit back to the Dragon Wagon (though may rename it Circus Wagon). So, the 3 I have been waiting for will be back out this year (or next).

I can't wait to redo these and do them right this time.

Phil, Obsolutely, Yes. Both my brother and I are looking forward to all 3. Model on.

I can still hear the collectors and "rare" kit dealers groaning...

I can still hear the collectors and "rare" kit dealers groaning...

That is always nice unless you are one of them :smiley17:

Jack,

Maybe if the smaller version does well (which is out now), they may consider it.

Built many of these kits back in the mid 70's but they were broken up in one of our moves.

I have one of the reissued S'cool Buses from 2003 but just could never bring myself to shell out the ebay prices for the others.

Now I will be able to get Rommel's Rod and Tijuana Taxi and just heard that they are also backdating the Hangman kit back to the Dragon Wagon (though may rename it Circus Wagon). So, the 3 I have been waiting for will be back out this year (or next).

I can't wait to redo these and do them right this time.

Certain ones will catch my eye, others I could really care less about. The TJ Taxi was used in a scratch built project in Scale Auto a while back and I thought it was a neat starting point. We shall see. :smiley20:

I hope THAT GREAT BIG RED BARON comes back out!!!!!!!!!!!

That one's been out. I saw one at John's Models in Pensacola, and Jim's store in Orange, as well as a couple other hobby shops. I also had built the one that came in the 'collector tin'. I'd also built the Police Paddywagon.

I can't wait for these others. I want to build all the om Daniel's cars!

That one's been out. I saw one at John's Models in Pensacola, and Jim's store in Orange, as well as a couple other hobby shops. I also had built the one that came in the 'collector tin'. I'd also built the Police Paddywagon.

I can't wait for these others. I want to build all the om Daniel's cars!

Mark,

He is talking about the BIG Red Baron kit.

"The "Big Red Baron’ model kit produced in January 1969 in 1/12 scale was another product released because of the popularity from the first model kit. This kit included the same miniature Fokker Triplane and a small skull wearing a German spiked helmet." Quoted from http://www.ratfink.org/tomdaniel/

Mark,

He is talking about the BIG Red Baron kit.

"The "Big Red Baron' model kit produced in January 1969 in 1/12 scale was another product released because of the popularity from the first model kit. This kit included the same miniature Fokker Triplane and a small skull wearing a German spiked helmet." Quoted from http://www.ratfink.org/tomdaniel/

Ah! THAT one! Now THAT would be a model to enjoy!! I also hope it comes out!

Thanks for setting me straight Phil!

I'm completely jacked up about them! I just returned to modeling 6 years ago, and these were around before I was born. LOL It's a chance for me to build some vintage modeling history! :smiley20: