Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: B-17E, F, and early G; Part I - First Look and Interior

When this huge box arrived, I was excited as it was large  (26" x 14" x 6 ") and heavy.  It came with no box art, instructions, or decals so I borrowed a set of instructions from HK’s first issue from a friend and also received a PDF file of the new, unfinished instructions.   At first glance the kit looked impressive, but it has some of the same problems as the last issue.  There were still many injector pin marks on the interior fuselage, and the fuselage parts needed to be washed prior to starting the build because they had a heavy residue on them.

read more

A copy of this initial review was sent to Neil Yan of HK. Following are his comments on the review and on the kit.

Quote;

Thank you so much for your review of B-17E/F. I can see there are lot of effort you made on this large plan. For this release. we will only provide the B-17E and F version. and there is no early G part included. I am sorry for the sample we sent that with some part from late G version. as there are many sprue and parts involved. For this release, we will provide 3 options parts and markings for modeler to choice and build. There are B-17E Chief Seattle, B-17F Knockout Dropper( single gun nose) and B-17F Memphis Belle versions. The total number of tools are 22 molds, 55 sprues and nearly 800parts. Resin casting bullet track. 3 decal markings. that made the packaging very heavy. I wish modeler could happy with this B-17E and F new release.

For the nose part for Memphis Belle and Knockout dropper. we did some modifications already with the nose parts and top turret.

Currently we are still busy with the injection of kit and finalizing the decal design for 3 markings. It is really lot of work. I am expect we could release this B-17EF within 2-3weeks time.

Here enclosed you the box art of this release. and the draft version of 3 markings for your information.

Thanks again for your reviews.

Regards,

Neil

Unquote.

Sign in to follow this