Star Trek's Ceti Eel

Roktman

Based on the creature seen in Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. This was a quick little model I've been tinkering with for a while now and decided to finish it up and get if off the bench and onto the shelf.

I received the kit thru Gillman Prod.. It came in 4 parts - the body, two "leg claws", and the tip of the tail. It was cast in a cream color resin, and had only 4 or 5 tiny bubbles. On an intricate surface like this, that is excellent.

After washing the parts, I primed them all in black. Then I went about assembling the kit. The legs fit fairly well, and used some Vallejo Putty to fill the voids. Turning to the tail, I drilled both parts and pinned the tail to the body. There was a bit of a gap between the two parts and this too was fixed with V's putty.

Next I painted the entire top pf the model Vallejo's Cork brown.

006.JPG

I then washed the segment spaces with Citadel's Nuln Oil. Once that was dry, I washed the rest of the plates with V's Agrax Earthshade. Later on I hit the highest parts of the plates with V's Sand Yellow.
Along the lines I added Citadels Sepia wash around the eye, and finally used V's Glossy Black for the eye slit.

007.JPG

Next up will be it's enclosure. Check back for that. Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...