Starting a new SIG

jedge3

Jeff - I'm sure you'll soon get an answer from somebody in the know but in the interim don't keep us in suspense! What direction are you leaning in????

HI Mike,

While I know there are already two sci-fi SIGS, they don't seem to focus on the area I am looking at and like to build. I was thinking of a SIG for Gundam/Mecha/Large Robots etc. I know the Black Swamp SIG has some of it but from their site they focus mostly on other subjects and the other Sci-fi SIG seems to focus on Trek. All fine subjects but with my interest increasing in this area and the increase in the number of entries I have seen at shows, I thought it would be worth looking into.

Jeff

Contact dfl@ipmsusa.org

Eric

Thanks Eric.

Sigs use to be handled by the Director of Foreign Liaison. No other logic to that other than he didn't have much to do. However, upon the advice of several past presidents and DFLs, the proposed new C&BL does not have this position in it. So we have devised a new system.

We are designing a form for anyone desiring to form a SIG to fill out that will be available from the Office Manager or Web site. It will require basic information like name of group, name and contact information of the SIG's contact person. It is submitted to the Office Manager via e or snail mail. The Eboard will then vote whether to approve it or not. If approved, it will be listed on the web site and in the Journal. Within one year, you will need to be able to provide the names and iPMS numbers of ten members who participate. If not, the SIG will be dropped. All SIGs will be reviewed every year, kind of like chapter re-chartering.

For now, if you want to form a SIG, PM me on this Forum or via my email IPMSPresident@ipmsusa.org with the name of the group, what it will concentrate on, who is the contact person and their contact info.

We're trying to get this area organized to better serve the members.

• Like 1

Sigs use to be handled by the Director of Foreign Liaison. No other logic to that other than he didn't have much to do. However, upon the advice of several past presidents and DFLs, the proposed new C&BL does not have this position in it. So we have devised a new system.

We are designing a form for anyone desiring to form a SIG to fill out that will be available from the Office Manager or Web site. It will require basic information like name of group, name and contact information of the SIG's contact person. It is submitted to the Office Manager via e or snail mail. The Eboard will then vote whether to approve it or not. If approved, it will be listed on the web site and in the Journal. Within one year, you will need to be able to provide the names and iPMS numbers of ten members who participate. If not, the SIG will be dropped. All SIGs will be reviewed every year, kind of like chapter re-chartering.

For now, if you want to form a SIG, PM me on this Forum or via my email IPMSPresident@ipmsusa.org with the name of the group, what it will concentrate on, who is the contact person and their contact info.

We're trying to get this area organized to better serve the members.

Thank you Ron,

I will get you the info.