P-40 Finished-A Father's Day Gift to myself

Dick Montgomery

Just finished the 1/48th P-40 by Hase....a very nice kit. After-market stuff by Master Model (Pitot Tube) and Quick-Boost (control surfaces)

Glued on the last piece about 8:30 this Father's Day morning.....a gift to myself:

post-11-0-15873900-1466344197_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-91476000-1466344219_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-60997200-1466344243_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to entering it in some of the local shows over the next few months.....don't expect much in the way of awards but I do learn some valuable lessons by comparing my work to the Rembrandts that share the category in which it will be entered.

I can credit much of my technique improvement to being entered in competitions. I learn more by not winning than I do on those rare occasions where I haul some hardware home.

Edited by Dick Montgomery

Dibs on 1st! (No, Dibs is on 2nd, Nodibs is on first)

• Like 1

Very nice, Dick!

Mark

Gracias Mark. You might see it at a local show in the next few months.

A very nice present to yourself - it looks terrific.

It's good to see a model thats just lightly weathered for a change and not beat to sh*t.

Happy belated Fathers Day BTW. :smiley2:

Thanks Kevin. I try to keep the weathering to a point where it looks authentic. It's actually quite easy to get some weathering to show, and much more fun to do, in my view, as an aircraft that is pristine. At least, I can pass off some scratches and dings as weathering......