The Pile of Shame

GregWise

Hey, am I the only one here that is guilty? I have several unfinished models I need help with and others I am willing to part with. I am attaching descriptions and photos of these kits, I have several and it could take a few days.

first the Academy Sheridan, the rubber band tracks are too short and do not fit, it has been waiting for a set of Fruil replacements but I will not pay the outrageous retail price.

post-158-0-68213000-1465656248_thumb.jpg

next, the Hasegawa Typhoon, I've scratch-built the main gear bay added aftermarket gun bays The kit is a Super detail release and already included the old Jaguar resin set. This one has been on hold for several years. I just lost interest.post-158-0-02701800-1465657194_thumb.jpg

Edited by GregWise

My pile of shame is probably larger than most people's stashes.

Have you thought about moving the front idler wheel rearward? Much like actual tanks, track tension is increased or decreased by moving the compensating idler wheel. Break them off, drill a hole, replace the individual mounting studs with a straight metal rod or styrene rod and re-mount the idler wheels.

• Like 1

My pile of shame is probably larger than most people's stashes.

Have you thought about moving the front idler wheel rearward? Much like actual tanks, track tension is increased or decreased by moving the compensating idler wheel. Break them off, drill a hole, replace the individual mounting studs with a straight metal rod or styrene rod and re-mount the idler wheels.

I'll try it! I've three IPMS reviews on the bench that are almost finished and then I'll pull it back out and open a new post with it.

there are two victims here. the B-26 was an older build that was fine until one day I decided to rescribe the panel lines. The X-15 had decal failure and has been in the pile decades.

post-158-0-14595200-1465735549_thumb.jpg

Guess I'm lucky, or just plain stubborn! I've only ever thrown away only 2 uncompleted builds in my life. The first was the old 1/32 Revell F-4J Phantom, in 1976 or so. It was just too warped to put together, and this was in the days before superglue. The other was a 1/32 Combat vacuform P-6E Hawk biplane that fit so badly that even after getting it half assembled, I could not get the alignment correct in more than two axis anywhere.

The only other long term shelf queen was the 1/24 vac Mustang that I finally finished earlier this year. Other than that, I have one half painted car kit that needs repainting and will eventually get done, probably later this year. Generally, if I start a model, I put my head down and bore through til it's done, whatever the "quality" of it in the end.

GIL :smiley16: