Franz Stigler Model project

wdedig

Hello

Below are photos of Airfix BF 109F,Dragon Me 262 and last the Eduard BF 109G-6. These are aircraft flow by Franz Stigle and referenced in the book " A Higher Call" I found this a great read and super stimulus for these aircraft models.
Africa scheme for first project
BF109FStiglerPortupper1.jpg
The 2 on his aircraft was unusual as referenced in a photo of his aircraft.
BF109FStiglerSidesameasphoto2.jpg
This a controversial scheme ( some say it was Galland's Aircraft) but I have a signed poster with his signature and showing White 3 from JV 44
ME%20262%20port%20rear%20upper.jpg
Dragon kit was a bit of a challenge
ME%20262%20port%20frnt.jpg
Just finished with Kitsworld decals
BF%20109G-6%20Ports1.jpg
This was a fun build
BF%20109G-6%20port%20side%20lower.jpg
Gunze Paints for this aircraft
BF%20109G-6%20starbd%20rear%20upper.jpg
Comments are always welcome
Cheers
Bill

Those are 3 great looking builds Bill! You obviously have Luftwaffe mottling down to a science!

If I may ask...what was so challenging about the Dragon 262, and is that the "long wing" Eduard 109G-6, or the newer "corrected" issue?

GIL :smiley16:

The Dragon 262 had numerous construction challenges, from the wing roots to the gun/ nose sections even the landing gear presented problems with construction.

The BF 109 is the first edition they released. Not easy to see the discrepancies,need a reference model. This was a very nice model to build and the issues are not of my concern.

Thanks for the compliments

Bill

I sure can't tell any of the problems you had from your excellent results! And as you suggested, without any "reference" beside it, I had to ask about the Eduard 109 because you can't tell at a glance. It certainly looks like one! Once more, congrats on 3 very fine builds!

GIL :smiley16:

Very nice work Bill! My hat is off to you!

Mark

• 3 weeks later...