Phantom '69/'71 Mercury Cyclone Spoiler

This is a build I collected parts for, for several years.

I used 2 separate kits, both as donors, to get my imagined build

in a way to suite my taste.

I absolutely love the front grill/bumper combination, so I basically built

the car around them. The one I used came from Modelhaus

I have never liked the roofline of the '71, but felt the '69 roofline would

really enhance the look of the car, along with changing the rear window from a Mercury to

a 1970 Mustang, and I could use the louvered shade rear window cover, and also the

rear spoiler from the same '70 Mustang donor kit, and a hood scoop from a Boss 429

Mustang kit because this was to be a Boss 429 Mercury street car with some hand made graphics.

The two pieces really fitted almost seamlessly, and was an easy cleanup with just a little body filler.

The tires are resin from a great supplier, and the "Billboard" white letter tire graphics were

custom printed.

There are many other subtle custom touched all over the car that just made this a fun build to create.

She's not done yet, still got a few details under the hood and a few other places, but the ol' girl

is comin' along, and I'm havin' a blast.

I'll add pictures as I become familiar with the process here. Thanks for lookin' in :smiley14: Much appreciated.

post-3043-0-43806900-1465086250_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-64354500-1465086326_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-65496500-1465086365_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-37798200-1465086549_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-72996900-1465086617_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-10465300-1465086924_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-27176900-1465087582_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-21770500-1465087632_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-98160300-1465087661_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-57061800-1465087718_thumb.jpg

post-3043-0-71121500-1465087753_thumb.jpg

Edited by EstreetCruiser
  • Like 1

Man Dave...it's been awhile. Your work still looks way kool! Great fab work. I really like the way you made the hood open too...Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to more pics...

Edited by GaryDavis

This...................is insane! Love the thought process and that killer body work!

Man Dave...it's been awhile. Your work still looks way kool! Great fab work. I really like the way you made the hood open too...Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to more pics...

Thanks guy's for you positive comments.

Gary my friend you're right, it's been a while, but life is extremely good.

I hope life is good for you too. How's the resin business and the band your in?

All the best,

Dave

Hey there Mr. Susan...Life is grand here. A little hot but GOOD. The Resin is about the same. The Music business is on the slow side of the record for me. I've really retired for the most part. REALLY keeping myself busy with scale builds though. My computer went away on me and I had to get another one. It's got windows 10 and I'm still learning all the different locations and wording that they've added or TAKEN AWAY. I had to cut back to 32 bit so I can run my ALPS printer. I will say though...this puppy does RUN a WHOLE BUNCH FASTER. Still... In my opinion...XP was a great program....easy to figure out and run... But....(the infamous BUT....LOL) I'm learning this one know. It's taken me awhile and I hope to have update pics on my 31 build here pretty soon. Hope you're doing good down there. I'll bet it's "cook'in".

Wow, what a spectacular looking car! I highly commend you on your seamless conversion. I agree, that car looks far better with the new body you made. I bow in the presence of greatness here....

:smiley32: :smiley32: :smiley32: :smiley32: :smiley32:

Wow, what a spectacular looking car! I highly commend you on your seamless conversion. I agree, that car looks far better with the new body you made. I bow in the presence of greatness here....

Thanks Mark, but no greatness here my friend, I'm just having fun with my Toyyyyz like all you guy's. It's wonderful doing something ya' love and are half-way decent at it.

I'll probably do this until Jesus comes back to get me :smiley16::smiley20:

Edited by EstreetCruiser

Thanks Mark, but no greatness here my friend, I'm just having fun with my Toyyyyz like all you guy's. It's wonderful doing something ya' love and are half-way decent at it.

I'll probably do this until Jesus comes back to get me :smiley16::smiley20:

That's what I plan on doing too. You are more than halfway decent at what you do too. I'm still struggling to be half as good as you are here.

Hey there Mr. Susan...Life is grand here. A little hot but GOOD. The Resin is about the same. The Music business is on the slow side of the record for me. I've really retired for the most part. REALLY keeping myself busy with scale builds though. My computer went away on me and I had to get another one. It's got windows 10 and I'm still learning all the different locations and wording that they've added or TAKEN AWAY. I had to cut back to 32 bit so I can run my ALPS printer. I will say though...this puppy does RUN a WHOLE BUNCH FASTER. Still... In my opinion...XP was a great program....easy to figure out and run... But....(the infamous BUT....LOL) I'm learning this one know. It's taken me awhile and I hope to have update pics on my 31 build here pretty soon. Hope you're doing good down there. I'll bet it's "cook'in".

Hey Gary.

Yeah, we had a few 100 degree days, but just kept the air cranked up and sailed right through it.

My cat doesn't even thank me for how comfy it is, he just sleeps all day - Silly cat :) .

Havin' fun right now adding more shelves in my model room / man cave.

I had one wall left that needed some art work and some new models in more cases.

Fun to re-organize stuff and update a few things.

Now I'll have room to expand my "Viewing Pleasure" :smiley14: (A little more eye candy is always nice :smiley20: )

Edited by EstreetCruiser