Two Aircraft from the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Hey all,

Been a rough month, but I've managed to finish a few models.

I'll start with this Airfix 1/72 scale F-51 Mustang. I'd gotten it at the IPMS Columbus Nationals as a raffle prize and started it at Columbus with my nephews. Later on, when I got home; it appeared I'd left the instruction sheet behind. Sometime later, I bought a second kit and proceeded to finish this one.

Here it is:

US_F-51_Mustang_Columbus_I.jpg

US_F-51_Mustang_Columbus_II.jpg

This second model is a Revell 1/48 scale Stearman biplane I got to do a review on for another Forums. I have since completed it sans rigging, which I may do later. Right now, I just need to finish the review typing and get it posted later.

Here it is:

Steraman_Biplane_48th_I.jpg

Steraman_Biplane_48th_II.jpg

Steraman_Biplane_48th_IiI.jpg

That's all for now. They ain't perfect, but I enjoyed them and am pleased to have them in my collection. I also have more finished models in the Armor and Ships Forums as well. Feel free to check them out.

Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

That Stearman came out really pretty! :smiley20:

But I gotta say you sunk a notch in my admiration Duke by admitting you needed a set of instructions to complete that Mustang...... :smiley6: Don't ya know instructions are just someone else's opinion on how to build a model? :P

:smiley2:

Both look great. Way to persevere!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Thanks Gil! I didn't need the instruction sheet to build the model... I did that blindfolded while distracted by five of my seven nephews. I just needed them to see where all the decals and stencils went so this would actually look like a Mustang.

Thanks Kevin! You are most kind.

Very nice Duke.

What color did you paint that Stearman? it looks great. How were those scalloped decals to work with; did they match up well?

Again, nice job on both.

Bill

Nice work, Duke. I don't see too many Korean War Mustangs or spruced up Stearman markings these days.

Mark

Thanks Mark! You're right, I'm glad I got one a Korean War 'Stang in the collection now. The Stearman was an interesting build, especially where the decals were concerned.

• 2 weeks later...