Sign in to follow this  
IPMSUpdates

New Review: Space Wolf SW-190

Product Image

Background

This is a kit of the fighter plane “Space Wolf†flown by the space pirate, Captain Harlock from the adventure filled world of Leiji Matsumoto. Originally created in 1977 for a manga TV series, Captain Harlock has appeared in various film and TV shows, most recently a 2013 feature film, “Space Pirate Captain Harlockâ€. For his interspace travel, Captain uses a mother ship named Arcadia. A number of these Space Wolf fighter planes are carried by the Arcadia for protection and offense.

The Space Wolf is a space fighter plane capable of operating in either atmosphere or space conditions. It is armed by two 75 mm pulse laser cannons mounted in the front cowling and two Vulcan cannons in each wing. It appears that jet or rocket thrust can be directed to the tips of the wings and canards to provide control in high altitude or space conditions. The ventral fin is extended during flight but folds forward for storage during landing.

read more

Thanks for the review. I have the version of this kit with the large cannons under the wings and still keep thinking about doing a what if in WWII Focke Wulf 190 markings.

Then again, would love to do Kei's bird with the pink.

Glad you enjoyed the article Phil. I volunteered to do this kit out of the novelty. During the build, I had to do a lot of research to find out just who was Captain Harlock. I wanted to sound somewhat knowledgeable with my write-up. I kind of like Anime but I had not known of Captain Harlock. I took the model to our local club meeting last night and three of our members enthused over the build. They said "You built Captain Harlock!". It is amazing what all we modelers pay attention to.

One of our members will be buying Kei's bird for his wife. She likes pink planes.

Sign in to follow this