Hello from Rockledge, Florida

Just wanted to say Hello My name is Andy Caldwell and I have been an IPMS member for several years and recently I decided to join the forums,

Anyway I have attended several IPMS nationals (2012,2014, 2015) and will be attending the nationals this year in Columbia SC. These are great shows!

I mainly build cars (a lot of 1/43 scale recently) but I appreciate all forms of modeling!

As for what I am working on currently .. I am just about finished with a 2 year build of a 1/25 scale replica Parnelli Jones's 1963 Indy 500 Winning Watson Roadster (I just need to paint the body)

20160527_175137_LLS_zpswmzlmi1h.jpg

20160527_175432_LLS_zps3e9s0nmq.jpg

Edited by Florida70Bee
  • Like 1

Hiya Andy! Glad to have you here with us! I'm just up the road from you in Jax, and actually have a cousin that lives in Rockledge! Hope to see ya in Melbourne at the R-11 show in a couple of weeks! In the meantime, dive in here and have fun!

GIL

Hiya Andy! Glad to have you here with us! I'm just up the road from you in Jax, and actually have a cousin that lives in Rockledge! Hope to see ya in Melbourne at the R-11 show in a couple of weeks! In the meantime, dive in here and have fun!

GIL

Thanks Gil!

We have met before and I have been to JAXCON several times it's great show you guys put on!

I will be at the R11 show next week helping out as I am a member of IPMS Space Coast.

Edited by Florida70Bee

Welcome Andy. A good looking kit of the Indy racer. Having spent half of today watching the latest Indy race, your model is very appropriate.

Hi, Andy,

Is this the old Parnelli Jones 1963 Watson roadster kit from AMT from 40+ years ago? It's looking good so far. The pictures are small, but I like your heat-stained exhaust pipe and the white-letter tires.

Welcome to the gang.

Ed

Hi, Andy,

Is this the old Parnelli Jones 1963 Watson roadster kit from AMT from 40+ years ago? It's looking good so far. The pictures are small, but I like your heat-stained exhaust pipe and the white-letter tires.

Welcome to the gang.

Ed

Ed,

The base kit is the 50 year old AMT Parnelli Jones 1963 Watson Roadster. It however has been heavily modified to correct the issues with the original kit (resin replacement nose and resin replacement tires from Indycals, Vacuumed windshield, Aluminum rod ends, Aluminum exhaust pipe, etc.. etc..) I have a fully detailed photo album of the build on my facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/andy.caldwell.948/media_set?set=a.10203741673887813.1073741849.1397358827&type=3

Edited by Florida70Bee