Hello From Kansas City, Missouri!

MigMan

Hello

My name is Joe and I hail from Kansas City, home of the World Champion (though currently struggling) Kansas City Royals!. I build military aircraft (mostly superiority fighters) from WWII through the Cold War. I have a collection of around 60 diecast aircraft and last year started building models to supplement my collection. I have only built 4 models (and destroyed twice as many) so I am still a novice. I hope this the IPMS as well as this forum will help me improve my skills!

Glad to be on board!

Joe Miriani

• Like 1

Joe - Welcome! Kansas City is one of my favorite cities. My wife has a lot of family there and we try to visit at least once per year. The WW-1 Memorial and museum has to be one of the top 10 Museums in the country. Although I am a car modeler, I have learned a great deal from the many post's and builds of all the many types of model's shown here. Dan King

Hi, Joe,

Don't worry about your model count. Every person here has a first model in his or her past. Keep it as a measure of your progress in the hobby. Build what you like and the way you find it most enjoyable. Each new model represents something you have learned. Welcome!

Ed

Welcome Joe, glad you're here!

Last year I recreated my very first model build....

006.jpg

This is the old 1/48(ish) Aurora Me-109, built just as I built it the first time @1965. Th only difference is I was able to do it in about 2hrs with the help of superglue!

It takes time, effort, and experience to build better models, but along the way DO NOT let trying to up your game suck the FUN out of it! We'll be here to answer any questions you may have. Looking forward to seeing you in the topics below!

GIL :smiley16:

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Joe! You've come to the right place. No matter what your skill level, take time to just enjoy every build as you learn. I'm looking forward to seeing you at a Nationals someday.