Greeting from Nevada.....

fastgast

It's been over 30 years since I've built anything and at that point it was pretty elementary. I joined our local IPMS club in Las Vegas this month and am looking forward to our show next month at the Orleans. Met some great folks and looking forward to learning and honing my skills. Been all over the internet trying to absorb all I can and personally enjoy this group and it gives me inspiration to get better (if I don't run out of money) lol. Plan to build mainly my 13 years of military history, 10 Navy USS Meyerkord, USS Oriskany, 1 National Guard (3rd 185th Armor) and 2 years with the Air Force reserve 944 TFG). Gives me a variety for sure.

Welcome Richard! Keep your focus on having FUN, and don't worry about trying to build to meet anyone's expectations. I think you'll find everyone in your club and here quite willing to help if you have questions, so don't be shy. But, don't feel like you have to incorporate every technique you see all at once. Glad you're here!

GIL :smiley16:

Welcome Richard! Take your time and enjoy the Hobby. Absorb everything, but take your time incorporating it all. Welcome back to the Hobby as well. I'm in Southern California, so hopefully someday I can meet you in person at a contest.

Hey Richard - thank you for your service!

You're gonna have a blast with all the new aftermarket items available since you hobbied last. ...and yeah, stuff cost a little more these days, so what I'm doing lately is putting a LOT of love and time on each individual part of each new build which makes a single project last much longer - which saves me on my budget - and consequently yields a more satisfying build at the end. Welcome to the club!

-Bob

Edited by 62Parts