Simple, easy, realistic and cheap rust effect

Zglossip

Here is a tip for you fellow modelers it is a rust effect I stumbled across three experimentation and accident. It is super easy and cheap all it takes is white vinegar a mason jar and lid and some rusty nails or steel wool. You take the vinegar put it in the mason hat put some rusty metal items in it the more the better and let it sit for a month the vinegar liqufies the rust off the nails. Here is how you use it when is good and steeped give a good stir and brush it on where you want it it clumps together like washes made washes made with water so add a healthy does of dish detergent to make it flow better if you want to broadcast it of not leave out the dish detergent and brush it on like paint the more you add the more rust will be there it may look weird at first but let it dry for a full 24 hours before you touch it. Also a near truck is to take a little put it in a separate glass and let the vinegar evaporate and it leaves you 18th a rust powder that acts like a mig pigment. A word of warning be sure you put it where you want it because it does NOT COME OFF and also do it afeter your final flat coat of you do it before and spray the flat coat in after it can make it look unrealistic. That is the top take it or leave it but it works well for me on acrylics I suggest you try it on a old model or scrap plastic before the real thing to make sure you like it . hope this helps

• Like 2