Two WWI Aircraft from the Duke

Mark Deliduka

Here are my latest completed aircraft. These are two aircraft that I got from a collection of WWI aircraft left behind by someone who passed away some months ago. He had gotten all those to build and play a wargame called "Canvas Eagles". When I 'inherited' them, I made them available to our St. Crispin's Irregulars hobby group and they were all distributed to anyone who wanted to play the game. The intent is to build one, or more and bring them back to play the game.

These are my two that I kept. This first one is the old Toko Models Neiuport 11 in 1/72 scale. Toko is a division of Roden and it shows. I didn't rig it as I had no idea how to do it and it was too delicate for me to feel comfortable rigging. It also isn't accurate since the decals were difficult and tended to shatter a lot. I just put on all the ones remaining intact in some semblance of acceptability; and then I added the rockets. It ain't accurate to do so, but this is for a game and I think they look cool:

French_Neiuport_11_III.jpg

French_Neiuport_11_II.jpg

This model is less than three inches long. Tiny little beastie!

This next model is my Revell 1/72 scale Fokker E.III. I did rig this one (poorly!) using some very fine thread someone gave me. I did it because it only had the one wing and it would have looked too incomplete if I hadn't. I had to replace the upper V-brace where the rigging is attached because the kit part never stayed glued in place, no matter how much I glued it. Anyway, it is done and ready to take to the skies against my Neiuport in a game of "Canvas Eagles":

German_Fokker_Eindecker_E_III_a.jpg

German_Fokker_Eindecker_E_III_b.jpg

German_Fokker_Eindecker_E_III_c.jpg

This is another plane that only measures out at slightly more than three inches.

These are my latest two aircraft that I finished. Thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

Both look just fine Duke, and I really like the paint on the Eindekker. The rockets on the N-11 are actually somewhat accurate, as they were used (or tried out) as balloon busters. However, as you might imagine, they found that flaming fiery rocket exhaust and flammable doped fabric wasn't a good combination! Have fun gaming them!

GIL :smiley16: