THE ULTIMATE SPINNER KIT!

I was contacted early this week, by a client looking for the now defunct, and illegally produced (No Licensing) TVC15 resin "Spinner" kit, from the film, "Blade Runner". Cast in Japan, and rarely available on E Bay, this 7 inch kit was really the only version of this movie prop available to modelers, well, until now.

I searched High and Low for this kit, some have searched for years. What was even more frustrating, is that I had one of them in my storage area, as it's the next project on my production schedule. Submitted by a client about a year ago, it's a typical resin garage kit.

Quite by accident, I hit a link to Comet Miniatures, the British site, a prestigious and long lived part of the modeling community. I have several Comet kits, some over 40 years old, still in the shrink wrap!

I found one, but boy oh boy, what a kit!!! 24 inches long, and prop quality detailing! Functional Gull Wing Doors, and Laser etch metal parts, can you say Sweeeeet?

Bad news, only 20 are being cast by the makers, Studio 2, very limited run, and they run 800.00, plus shipping, each! I got my client motivated, and he got one. Also found out that out of the 20, all were pre-sold except for 4 more, bummer, I wanted one too! :smiley19:

Long story short, this is sure to be the "Holy Grail" of the Spinner, no ifs or buts.

Here's a link, http://www.comet-miniatures.com/browse.php...=15&zone=11

Here's an image of this unusually high quality prop kit!! I'm going to blow some mental fuses when I get done painting and lighting this one! Can you say "Potential IPMS Journal Cover Story?"

I knew that you could!!! :smiley20:

STU0007n2.jpg

I noticed the image is not "sticking" to this post, could be a anti-copy guard at work, or simply, my ISP is messed up due to a storm here.

Please let me know if this is happening to you as well. If you can't see the image, just click on the link to the site, there's 3 nice shots of this kit in progress.

Sorry for the minor inconvenience, I've tried reposting 3 times with the same results. :smiley25:

Do you know if this kit is properly licensed?

In this case, yes, it's fully and legally licensed, how unusual! :smiley22:

Nice but way too rich for my blood

I'll stick to nice $150 figures

Dave

It's all "moot" anyways, there were 4 left, 3 days ago, Tony at Comet knew I wanted one, but never got in touch, which means, they are all gone.

I can almost guarantee that this kit will be so sought after, blood may be spilled! :smiley11:

Only 20 in the World!! Jeez, even 1000 units would have made this ultra-rare! :smiley29:

I'll just have to be satisfied building it, and having the images, client gets the "goodies".