1/24 vacuform P-51B Mustang-DONE!

ghodges

This is the old Combat vac I started 15yrs ago, and it sat on the shelf in this condition til the beginning of this year...

Big%20vac%20P-51B_0007_NEW.jpg

Finally finished her up today! :smiley20:

001_5.jpg

004_3.jpg

006_2.jpg

007.jpg

010_1.jpg

005_1.jpg

003_1.jpg

And here's a pic of the 1/48 model on my shelf that inspired the final scheme with it's bigger brother...

011_1.jpg

Lot's of nits on this one, but it feels really good to get 'er done! :smiley17:

There are some "in-progress" pics down in the "On the Bench" topic, and a full build thread over on Agapemodels.com, for anyone interested in that sort of thing.

Comments, questions, and critiques welcome, as always. Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges
  • Like 2

Well done Gil!

Mark

Hi, Gil,

I am super impressed with the magic you perform on the old vacuform kits. This one is no exception. You are now 40% on the way to having a scale progression of the same aircraft, needing only 1/72, 1/100, and 1/144 examples to finish it off. Smaller is easier, right?

Ed

Hi, Gil,

I am super impressed with the magic you perform on the old vacuform kits. This one is no exception. You are now 40% on the way to having a scale progression of the same aircraft, needing only 1/72, 1/100, and 1/144 examples to finish it off. Smaller is easier, right?

Ed

Don't forget card models in 1/33, 1/50 ...

Gil that is is some stunningly magnificent work! You truly have the gift. There may be a few 'nits', but you've hidden or dealt with them most effectively. I bow in the presence of greatness! :smiley20: :smiley20: :smiley20:

(P.S. what happened to our 'bowing' emoticon? I could swear we had one before. I need it with all the magnificent work being done here!)

• 4 weeks later...