TSR-2 1/48th in progress

Dick Montgomery

Here is a pic of the kit seats, one with Eduard's p.e. set 49-436 attached.

EjectionSeatswithEduard49436.jpg

The Eduard Interior set is prepainted. The instrumentation, not yet applied to the kit parts, is self adhesive as well.

The prepainted parts are really nice and there's no way a person at my skill level could do the instrument surfaces that well. The G.I.B. position even has some raised detail on his panel....of course they are separate parts and we are talking very s.m.a.l.l. I'm currently using reading glasses along with a set of magnafiers and its visible but real tough to grip with tweezers... high quality tweezers really are worth their weight in money model.

You're right about car guys. Can you imagine instruments, seat belts, hood ornaments, lug nuts....and engine stuff? Wow! I build NASCAR 1/25th and I'd love p.e. for that....probably already being marketed and I just don't know it!

Hey Dick....although self locking tweezers can be a god-send, you DO have to be careful about launching a part into the black holes that surround our workbenches! You might try a small bit of clay on the end of a toothpick as a way to pick up and apply some of the smaller pieces. You can even "wet" the tip of your knife blade (lick it VERY carefully!) and it will hold a very small part long enough to position it. Bud like I thed, be vewi cafoo when lickin th knithe.... :smiley13:

GIL :smiley16:

Rather than post individual pics you can visit the album and see some shots of the completed interior with the instrumentation and MB ejection seats all dolled up.Visit My Website

And what's with you guys along the Gulf Coast? Humor, heh? Oh...I know...its Hurricane season....and your funny bone is twitching.

Gator...watch Ian...after all, he is The Hurrican Magnet!

Gator...watch Ian...after all, he is The Hurrican Magnet!

Will do. This year I think we'll evacuate to San Antonio!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Dick,

Chomp'in at the bit here for a new update. I just got one of these behemoths and am dieing to do a hypothetical scheme on it. I'll probably do my Dynavector kit along side it too. Does this this need nose weight to prevent tail sitting? Have you seen or heard about any resin detail set for this, Pavla maybe? I know they do 72nd. Hope you have a great July 4th, and maybe get some modeling in too.

Dick, Your TSR in the Members' Gallery looks sweet, but short! :smiley20: I mean short on pics. :smiley19: We.....must....have....MORE! Please. Stop teasen us. :smiley6:

And we're done. Check out the photo album on Photobucket.

The Eduard and Scale Aircraft Conversion aftermarket parts worked like a charm.

Used Gator Grip Hobby Glue to attach all of the p.e.

Thanks Mark. One can hide all the mistakes when one picks the camera angles carefully.

During my research prior to the "build" I found that companies were coming out with stuff for the TSR right and left. The review article, soon to be posted on this website, will have some links to You-Tube vids, as well as still images of the surviving airframe. A Google Search will help locate the current pile of extra stuff one can purchase, as well as the stuff that came out during my build...which, of course, I did not include in the review article.

Its a good kit that a good builder can turn into a great model.

Great Job, Dick!

Now if we can just convince somebody to release a GOOD 1/72 kit, I'll buy several.....

Wonderful job Dick,

Nice pics on members gallery and photo bucket. I'm really interested in the forth coming write-up. I did the Google search on accessories and was quite impressed with the return. This should allow me the detail the Airfix kit and use the left over Airfix pieces to upgrade the Dynavecter issue.

One question though, did you use the SAC landing gear and was it a worth the investment.

Thanks much.