Galactica weapons

ikar

In Star Wars, Han's pistol was made from a Broomhandle Mauser.

What did they use on the new Battlestar Galactica for rifles and pistols? They look familar but I can't quite place them.

If you're registered on eBay, check out seller: propworx

They are the official group selling stuff from the series. There have been several different rifles and handguns listed over the past month or so. Check out their past auctions for at least some good photos (if they're still up) of what was used. Their website also has some "print cataloges" of the in-house auctions they held which may contain some info. [i only wish I could afford to get some of the stuff!]

eBay link to current auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZpropworxQ...2QQfsooZ2QQrdZ0

Propworx website: http://www.battlestarprops.com/

Enjoy!

Those are so cool! Looked like they used real pistols, very modern issues, then the prop guys added details, like that forward "Grip", or "Power Pack", or whatever it was, just very realistic looking. :smiley20:

Indeed VFA127, checked out the auction a while back, serious prices for those. Not unusual for "screen-used" props however. I have a Han Solo Mauser (Broomstick) prop replica, accurate down to the smallest detail, that is darn nice replica, and it cost me, well....a LOT!

The 2 "screen-used" Star Trek Phasers I own, cost about the price of a good used car nowadays. My "screen-used" Hypo, from the original Star Trek series, with documentation, cost over $2,000.00, so you get an idea of what this stuff goes for.

I have quite a collection, and it's worth serious money, but lately, I've been in "Guitar" mode. Just scored a Jackson Professional Strat, and a classic Fender Strat. So a BSG piece is out of the question for now. :smiley19:

My Wife is already in "Kill" mode, over my little purchases, of these last couple of weeks. :smiley11:

Interesting post! :smiley20:

I had a viper helmet some time ago a friend sent me but it was damaged in transit. Another friend that worked of things like that said he could fix it for me for a reasonable price. Never saw him again.

At least I have the laser and belt/holster assembly.

Um, ikar, I'm a propmaker, what's wrong with the helmet? :smiley25:

There were a couple cracks in it.

Unfortunately, he still has it. He used to have a place in town but has since moved. He claimed to have produced the costume for the Orlando Predator indoor football team. Who knows. I haven't heard from him for a long time.

Shame, I might have been able to restore it, so it goes.............. :smiley28:

FYI: This week Propworx has one of the pistols on auction:

BSG Rubber FN 5-7 Colonial Pistol

http://cgi.ebay.com/BSG-Rubber-FN-5-7-Colo...emZ180366454667

I got to check out a FN pistol at the local gun shop. The fit wasn't right for me.

Also, you can't use them at the local ranges. The rounds are too damaging against the back stop. The effect is like taking an M-16 and and tearing up the metal stop.