The ValleyCon 2016 Model Contest and Swap Meet will be on Sunday March 6th from 10am to 4 pm. It will be located at The Peterson Automotive Museum located at 6060 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, Ca. 90036. This is a chance to see a World Class Automotive Museum, Model Contest and Swap Meet all in one day. I will have a table there and hope to see some of my LA friends there. You can get more info on the event at- valleycon.wordpress.com or www.petersen.org

• 2 weeks later...

Dannie, it was great to see you there! That was one awesome show, I had a blast! How'd you do? I never really stay for the awards ceremony since I never place much; so I don't know how you did.

Duke - The turnout, quality of models and incredible surroundings made this a very interesting show. However, as a vendor, it was not as great. If they put vendors outside and in between all the parking garage traffic I would not be a vendor again. We left at 2pm due to dirt and dust blowing in our eyes and choking down exhaust fumes. The wind blowing through there was blowing models off our table! Even though the model contest was packed full, very few people came outside to the vendor area [ IMHO] , so sales result was very poor. Dan

I agree Dannie, Many entrants also commented on the poor placement of the vendors. I don't blame you for not going back as that was not a good place for you all. One other observation was that the vendor selection was heavily slanted towards car models too. George wasn't as clear as he could be that this was an all-model competition, and Peter Chen, who was the only one who seemed to bring a lot of military models; did excellent according to him. I came with a lot of extra cash to buy extra models and tools from the vendors, but I did not see anything I was looking for since most of it was cars. Granted, the contest was at a car museum, but it was for all models; military and automotive; it would have been nice to see a more even selection. After all, even thought here were a lot of cars on the tables, the number of automotive entries was still between 42 and 47% of all entries, so the contest was almost evenly split.

Hopefully next year George will be able to convince the museum to allow everyone into the atrium where registration went on. There seemed to be plenty of room there.