Polar Lights 1/350 U.S.S. Enterprise Re-Release - BEAUTIFUL Decals!

Just picked up the 1/350 PL U.S.S Enterprise today - admittedly just for the new Aztec paneling decals. I have to admit that the new decals that come with this kit are absolutely beautiful and HUGE! The Aztek paneling decals are spread amongst 4 different sheets that measure 15" X 15". The rest of the decals are on a 8.5" X 10.5" sheet that contains the lettering, shuttlecraft markings, and other miscellaneous markings. Pictures below for anyone that was as curious as I was... The first picture is a shot of all 4 Aztec paneling sheets - that's an 18" ruler for scale context!

DSC_3119.jpg

DSC_3120.jpg

DSC_3122.jpg

DSC_3123.jpg

DSC_3124.jpg

DSC_3125.jpg

DSC_3127.jpg

DSC_3130.jpg

DSC_3131.jpg

Just picked up the 1/350 PL U.S.S Enterprise today - admittedly just for the new Aztec paneling decals. I have to admit that the new decals that come with this kit are absolutely beautiful and HUGE! The Aztek paneling decals are spread amongst 4 different sheets that measure 15" X 15". The rest of the decals are on a 8.5" X 10.5" sheet that contains the lettering, shuttlecraft markings, and other miscellaneous markings. Pictures below for anyone that was as curious as I was... The first picture is a shot of all 4 Aztec paneling sheets - that's an 18" ruler for scale context! The second post contains shots of the regular markings sheet.

DSC_3132.jpg

DSC_3133.jpg

DSC_3134.jpg

DSC_3135.jpg

OMG! Welcome to decal "Hell" Mike, honestly, I'd rather airbrush the Aztec patterns, less agonizing. But if your going to do it this way, I am rooting for you to succeed!

The kit has some very nice decals, and do give PNT's website a look a well, nice brass laser-etched after-market parts for this kit there, you will want those as well! :smiley20:

OMG! Welcome to decal "Hell" Mike, honestly, I'd rather airbrush the Aztec patterns, less agonizing. But if your going to do it this way, I am rooting for you to succeed!

The kit has some very nice decals, and do give PNT's website a look a well, nice brass laser-etched after-market parts for this kit there, you will want those as well! :smiley20:

Is that the same PNT models website that used to be linked from the old Thomas Models website? Have your dealings with them been pleasurable? I've just heard anecdotal mentions of poeple being ripped off - ordering products but never receiving them, etc...

Never had a problem, it is Thomas's site, and he treated me very well. Just mention Papa sent you, should be fine. Let me know if it isn't, I'll look into it if that's case.

Happy building! :smiley17: