JAXCON 2016

Mark Aldrich

Thanks for getting those posted Mark.

Andy actually ran out of space on his camera card trying to take pics of all 638 entries, and since he started at the rear corner and worked his way up and down the rows towards the front, he missed a lot of the automotive subjects that were on the first tables by the front doors. Hers a link to our Judge's Grand Award/Best Detailed Model winner; a beautiful Drag Bike (the first large pic as you scroll down this pg)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138834081@N05/sets/72157664220734912/page2

Other notables you can see in the 35 pgs of pics above are:

Best A/C and Best Camo Model is the 1/48 FB-111 at the top of pg 1

Best Armor is the 1/35 D7 Tractor on the bottom right of pg 15

Best nautical is the Type VII Uboat at the top of pg 5

Best Figure is the Demon bust, top center of pg 8

Best Junior model is the 1/24 green F-100 pickup on the right towards the bottom of pg 8

Best Space/Sci-Fi was a scratch built Space Probe (gold foiled), center 3rd row of pg 10

Best Diorama was a desert Pnzkmfwgn III auf H., left pic 3rd row of pg 3

Best NMF was a Mig 21, towards the bottom left of pg 26

One prominent pic missing is the Most popular Model/Best Gloss finish, which was a 1/16 scale XKE Jaguar. I'll post it (or a link) as soon as I can get one.

If you have any questions to ask about any specific models, do it now, before I forget (and it may be too late already.....) Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

I finally got a good pic of the winning 1/16 scale XKE Jaguar by Speedy Gonzales (yes, he prefers to go by that! :smiley20: )

IMG_41441.jpg

By the way, the engine on display beside it was 3-D printed!

Cheers!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges