Macchi 202 finished...

Wulf

Well, it's been a while guys. I've been busy around the house in anticipation of our first child which is due any day. However, I've managed to squeak this one in and finish it. This is Hase's 1/48 kit. Extras include a PE cockpit set, gun barrels and pitot tube. The scheme was quite difficult to do...a bit more than I cared for. I wouldn't recommend this scheme unless you have the patience of a saint...which I am not. Plus, I used frisket as masking and it pulled up several areas of paint with it. Live and learn, frisket is too tacky for acrylics it seems. I spent alot of time repairing those areas. Overall, this was not a trouble free build but came out okay. Comments always welcomed...

Andy

202top1.jpg

202starf.jpg

202portf.jpg

202port.jpg

202pit.jpg

202ftop.jpg

Appears to have been worth the extra effort from what I can see. Very well done.

Chris

Nice work - thanks for sharing!

Best of luck with your upcoming 1/1 scale "project" :D

Very sharp! I can't help but notice that it (like a lot of other Italian camos) has a different pattern on each wing. Was this done purposely, and if so why? Cool looking patterns regardless! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

Very sharp! I can't help but notice that it (like a lot of other Italian camos) has a different pattern on each wing. Was this done purposely, and if so why? Cool looking patterns regardless! Thanks for posting!

GIL :smiley16:

It's the consensus of others that the starboard wing was replaced which had the mottle pattern on it. That theory does make sense. The painting instructions called for this particular pattern which, I assume, is accurate.

Andy