THE KIT FACTORY STREAMLINED AND UPDATED!

Well, it had to happen eventually, my old website ran for a straight seven years, non-stop, and crashed earlier this week. The Yahoo sitebuilder program has become unstable, and Yahoo is scrambling to get smal business internet site developers to switch to site solution.

I realized something was up, when I tried to update my site, and the program ran endlessly for over 16 hours. :blink:

It never finished publishing, hence, time to motivate and redo the site a year ahead of schedule.

This new site has some nifty features, gallery style pages with a slide show option. I'm not happy with the video library as the videos I have posted on U-tube, the only ones the program allows you to post, are low quality quick-time, and not HD that this program, and U-Tube, allow and show off in a much nicer light. :angry: Obviously a data space saving idea that is good for the Yahoo Corp., not so much for me.

However, I have an I Mac, with a serious set of graphic hardware and software augments on the way, some radical upgrades are still yet to come with OS technology! :lol:

I'm still "tweaking" and developing the site right now. If you have any suggestions or help you want to share, please do. Check out the work so far at www.simonmercs.biz and let me know what you think? :blush:

I have received numerous e-mails with some very nice and positive comments, on the speed and easy interface, this site provides over my last rather clunky, and cluttered, attempt.

"Dammit Jim! I'm a model builder, not a web designer!"

320x240.jpg

Thank you Mike, nice to hear after, a LOT of hours spent on it, much appreciated!! :smiley20:

You have an impressive array of subject matter on your new site. My jaw dropped and I had to use my hand to lift it closed again. I tried to view everything except the videos because they have a nasty habit of locking up my computer. Sometimes the loss of one thing (old website) leads to a better replacement (new one). Best wishes for your successful business. :smiley32:

Ed

Thanks Ed, when you love what you do, you do it a lot, and hopefully, with some decent results on occasion. Indeed, the situation made me get my nerve together, for the grueling task of posting all that material, and adding captions to 100's of images, several days work on there.

Now that it's done, I'm quite pleased with these results, over my rather "clunky" first site.

Videos are locking up the pc? Mmmm...try updating your drivers if it's a Windows system, gotta be, if it was a Mac, you wouldn't be having the problem.

Pareto Logic has a program called "Driver Cure", 50 bucks, but worth every penny. Or, your video processor card is fried, can you say "Tme to get a new machine"? :smiley22:

I knew that you could. :smiley17:

How long has it been since you did a format? Painful I know, but it would solve it, if it isn't the video card, or a failing hardware issue.

The site contains about 30% of the work I have on file, didn't want to overdo it. If your jaw dropped, I'm truly honored, and it sounds like the effect on visitors, I was aiming for! :smiley20:

Again, many thanks for that revue! :smiley14:

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to announce a "first" on the new website, built models and props, for immediate delivery! Added a page which contains items I've had in storage, or from my personal collection. A few are projects ordered that the client "pooped out" on, and didn't pay off. Bad Smurf! :smiley28:

Not going to say they are cheap, my work goes for pretty decent fees nowadays. However, any IPMS member that is really interested in buying one, will get a 10% discount off the posted item price, just don't click the paypal button on the site, contact me directly to work it out.

With all the funds I used up revamping my intranet, I'm selling stuff I would not normally part with, some very choice items found there, at this time. Once their sold off, that's all folks. Only one of each, and one is an actual prototype illuminated Voyager, very frakkin' rare!! :excl:

Check it out at:

http://www.simonmercs.biz/props_and_models_for_sale

I'd love to see a few members, who have enjoyed my work, get one for their own collection, but as always, no pressure. Times are tough right now, and these are strictly "non-essential", and purely, "heart's desire" purchases.

The site has grown into 17 pages! Recently added, a very cool "FX Gallery", with a load of images of models and props, done in different backgrounds, by amateurs, and professionals! A "Products" page, with a new line of modeling goodies, for SF builders as well.

Hope you check it out, even if it's just a bit of "Window Shopping", thanks all! :lol:

• 2 months later...
Very nice site! Your work is awesome!

Thanks very much, up to my eyeballs with the Yamato project right now, will post pictures upon completion! Welcome to IPMS SNG! :smiley17: