Looking for an Apollo-Soyuz Model for my Project

Kimbo

Hi, my name is Kimberly Jensen. I am currently a 7th-grade student at Fruitvale Junior High School in Bakersfield, CA. I am representing my school in the California State History a Day competition this year. (I have finished 3rd in the State for 2 years.). I am working on a project on the Apollo-Soyuz Test Project. I will be doing an exhibit focusing on how the world changed because of this mission. So far I have interviewed General Tom Stafford (mission commander), Vance Brand (command module pilot), Glynn Lunney (mission director) Dr. Roald Sagdeev (former head of the Russian Space Agency) and Dr. Sergei Khrushchev, among others. In building my project I would love to borrow or rent a model of the Apollo-Soyuz to display on my exhibit Do any of you know of a person or place who would be willing to lend or rent me a finished model. Last year, my project was on James Hanger, the founder of the Hanger Prosthetics Company. The Hanger Company sent me a partial prosthetic and a running blade to display on my project. I took VERY GOOD CARE of these borrowed items and returned them promptly after all my competitions. Steven at Lakecountyspaceport.com has offered me his, but I am hoping to find something a little closer to home because of the danger in shipping. Is there anyone who can help me? I have attached a picture of my project from last year so you can see what you would be dealing with. Thank you.

post-3000-0-85156100-1453167549_thumb.jpg

Kimbo,

I can't help you, but the person who probably can is Mike Mackowski. He is a member of IPMS, but I don't think he participates on this forum very much. You can find his contact info on his web site: http://www.spaceinminiature.com/contacts.html

Good luck - sounds like a fun project (a lot of modelers would love to meet the people you've interviewed - when you're done please post your report here!)

Don