Two Tanks from Maddog Manufacturing.

Mark Deliduka

Here are my first models completed for the new year 2016!

The first one is Dragon's 1/72 scale M-103A1 heavy tank assembled, painted and decaled in about one hour. Total finish time about an hour and ten. It's painted with Model Master enamels, washed with Windsor-Newton oils thinned with Mona Lisa thinner and weathered with the Tamiya weathering powders:

US_Army_M_103A1_I.jpg

US_Army_M_103A1_II.jpg

This is Small Scale Vehicle number 678 in my collection.

Next up is Tiger Model's 1/72 scale M1A2 Abrams SEP TUSK II. This one was painted with Model Master enamels, washed with Windsor-Newton oils thinned with Mona Lisa thinner and weathered with the Tamiya weathering powders. It was a challenging little build but one of the most enjoyable models I've done to date:

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIa.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIb.jpg

US_Army_M1A2_Abrams_SEP_TUSK_IIc.jpg

This is Small Scale Vehicle number 679 in my collection.

I need to find a better background for these tanks. That Abrams looks like it's sitting in a sandstorm!

That's all I have for now. I have a lot more moving down the pike so keep watching my Maddog Manufacturing Thread to see what's coming. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

• Like 1

I've been working on a couple of 1/35 scale Dragon German armor kits. The old school ones from the Imperial series. I've had them for what seems like forever, but I am enjoying myself. I do need to dig out some of my newer 1/72 scale modern armor kits, but after I finish the current projects.

Excellent! Sometimes Old School is the best school. At least in some modeling cases, it's more fun despite issues; or because of them.! LOL! Looking forward to seeing what you got going. Thanks again for the great reply.

May have to get one of those Tiger kits.