Warped Resin Parts

ClareWentzel

What is the best way to straighten resin parts that are warped. I have some missiles that have warped fins. The fins are thin so I want to be cautious. Should I use hot water or just try to over bend them so that they are straight? Looking for suggestions.

Hot water for sure! Just had to do a prop. Heat them in hot tap water(as hot as it will go) and find a good flat surface to lay the piece on and apply pressure with your finger. Should straighten right out and once cooled should stay that way.

I usually try to clamp the warped part in the position I want it to be, then dip it in hot water for a minute, then quench in cold water for a minute, then let it sit a while, still clamped. "Hot", "cold", and "a while" depend on the mass of the part and complexity.

For "clamps" I generally use balsa sheet in the jaws of the actual clamp to prevent damage to the part. This may also require slots or notches cut to ensure detail isn't squashed by the pressure. Sounds like yours are small parts and wouldn't need too much except even pressure.