IPMSUpdates

New Review: P-39 Q/N Airacobra

Product Image

The Bell P-39 Airacobra is one of the most distinctive looking and interesting aircraft designs to be built in large numbers in the early years of World War II. It was designed by Bell Aircraft Corporation in the late 1930’s as a fighter interceptor with some very innovative features. The large V1710 Alison engine was located behind the cockpit, a 37mm cannon was mounted through the spinner shaft and rather than having a top opening canopy it was designed with car style doors.

This highly anticipated new kit from Kitty Hawk is the first kit of this awesome fighter in 1/32 scale that is not a short run kit. This boxing includes parts to build either the Q or N variants which saw extensive service with the Soviet Union and the Pacific Theater.

read more

Dan,

Thank you for a great, informative review! I bought this kit (on of my all time favorite aircraft ) when it came out. I plan to make it my winter build. You have answered my main question, where to hide the nose weight. I'll have your review beside me on the build. Outstanding job on the review, well worth waiting for.

Happy glue slinging.

Chuck