The Duke Finishes Two More Armor

Mark Deliduka

These are two of the three models I completed this week. The first one is IBG's 1/72 scale Diamond T cargo truck. It was a tough build but looks pretty good when finished. I painted this with Testor's Model Master colors and weathered it with Tamiya weathering powders I'd found when cleaning my desk some time back. I had them; I figured I might as well use them.

The weathering doesn't show too well in these pics, but here she is ready for the shelf:

US_Army_Diamond_T_Cargo_Truck_I.jpg

US_Army_Diamond_T_Cargo_Truck_II.jpg

And a shot of the cargo bed:

US_Army_Diamond_T_Cargo_Truck_III.jpg

The next model I finished was the Trumpeter T-54B tank. I added the machine gun on top, painted this with Testor's Model Master paints and weathered with the Tamiya weathering powders as well. Here she is; the weathering showing up slightly better in these pics:

Russian_T-54B_Tank_i.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_IIi.jpg

Russian_T-54B_Tank_Ii.jpg

Well, that's all I have for today. These two bring me up to 677 completed small scale vehicles. Thanks all for looking in, comments are welcome.

Thanks Dennis! Yes, the Diamond T was a bit difficult. The toughest parts were getting the windows to glue right and getting the cab and bed to sit on the chassis correctly. I kept needing to press them down to make contact so the glue would hold and there's not many places where you can apply pressure without breaking something. I finally did get it together satisfactorily.

That being said, I am hoping to pick up the IBG Diamond T wrecker soon.