Peruvian Tiger!

Scooter

Just completed today was my 1/72 scale Sukhoi Su-22 " Fitter E" of the Peruvian Air Force (Fuerza Aérea Del Peru) of Grupo Aéreo 11 "Los Tigres" (the Tigers) ca. 1988. The aircraft is the trainer version of the Su-22, and was fitted with only one cannon – an NR-30 on the starboard wing root. "211" is painted in her desert paint scheme, and is carrying two S-24 240mm Rockets on the outer pylons and twin fuel tanks on the centerline pylons.

The kit is a Hobbycraft, with all decals coming from the spares box, and the nose intake warning triangles are home made. The kit is inaccurate in several key areas, but with some modifications, including the creation of the tail bulge synonymous with the Tumansky R-29B engine, I was able to adapt within reason! It's my first Soviet made jet fighter build, and as I knew nothing about Su-22s before it, I was able to learn a lot about this unique swing-wing fighter for future builds. As you can imagine, getting accurate information on the Peruvian Air Force is pretty difficult, so I took some liberty on a few things. Anyway, I think she closely depicts a "Peruvian Tiger". Cheers all - Adam

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1062.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

Nice work on a kit I don't see built too often!

Great looking camo scheme!

THanks for posting

Thank You. It was a fun build.

Peru is quite capable actually. Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peruvian_Air_Force and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cenepa_War Most recent air combat for the Su-22:

"February 10 1995: Heavy air activity continues over the battlezone. During the morning, the FAP sends in A-37Bs and Su-22Ms to strike Ecuadorian positions. The FAE steps in. At 12:42, the Ecuadorian radars pick up five enemy targets approaching for another round of attacks. Two FAE Mirage F.1JAs and two IAI Kfir C.2s are sent to intercept the incoming aircraft. In the ensuing action an A-37B subsonic aircraft is shot down by a Kfir and two Peruvian Su-22 were shot down by 2 Ecuadorian Mirage F1 respectively."

Good modelling pictures are hard to find for late C20 jets though.

AC