Hobby Boss FJ-4B Fury

steelheader

I purchased the Hobby Boss 1/48th scale FJ-4B Fury at a local contest last year and have just discovered there were no instructions included. This is kit number 80313. The kit looks quite easy and could probably be built without the instructions, but I would prefer to have them to assure nothing is missed, goes in backwards, upside down or some other possible disaster. I did a search and found one image of a partial page showing fuselage and wings, but not all the details were included.

Can anyone provide some assistance in this matter?

Thank you for any help you may offer.

I cannot provide your instructions, but I can provide you some "tips" for building a -4 Fury, having built one in 1/48 and another in 1/32.

The fit between the intake lip/trunk, cockpit tub, and the front of the nose gear bay can be tight, as there's a lot to fit in and align in a small space. Triple check the fit of all of those parts together before gluing them into the fuselage.

The -4 Fury seldom had all of the gear doors down! The inner main doors for the main gear and the large nose gear door generally only "cycled" open during the transit of the gear and then closed back up. This is also true for the central (middle) main gear doors (hinged on the front side). Usually, only the small doors at the top of the main gear legs and the door at the top of the nose gear leg were "down" when the aircraft was parked. That means you can close up most all of the gear bays, skip painting and detailing them, and in the case of the central gear bay, skip installing it unless you need it structurally to hold something else in place.

The same goes for the speed brakes....seldom open on the ground, meaning you can skip painting their interiors and messing with any actuators.

Hope this helps somewhat and that someone else can provide you with the instructions you seek!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks for the information. I recall that the gear doors were closed when the aircraft was on the ground, but those speed brakes just have to be open! Adds some interest, but not necessarily accuracy to the model.

Thanks again.

Try this website. They have a lot of instruction sheets with the kits.

www.1999.co.jp

Just search Hobbyboss FJ-4 and will pop up. Can't provide a link as I am on my cell, but I did find it.

Hope that helps!

Mike