Moebius Models 1/24 LIS Chariot replacement parts

LRandel

I only recently discovered Moebius Models had rereleased the 1/24 scale Lost in Space Chariot in November 2015. I had purchased an original released model from 2008 and found that the tires and track were in the same bag as the lower chassis parts and the rubber produced a chemical reaction that etched marks into the parts anywhere they were contacting the tires or tracks. Years ago Moebius used to replace the parts when this was reported but when I asked in 2013 they reported they were out of the spare parts.

A few days ago I wrote them requesting new parts if they were available and today received a very positive response that the parts were again available and would be on the way. On top of that, they reported they solved the chemical issue with the tires and tracks in the new release and for $4.95 they would also send the new and improved tires and tracks.

This is great news because in 2009 I built a Chariot using the original tires and tracks and even though I painted the plastic, after years the rims and drive sprocket were both showing signs of being eaten by the tires and tracks. They were still together but they tracks would no longer articulate due to the tracks being glued to the tracks from the dissolving drive sprockets. I have since disposed of that chariot and look forward to building a new version.

I just wanted to let anyone in the same boat know and to give an attaboy to Moebius Models for being so responsive. Contact customerservice@moebiusmodels.com if you need replacement chewed up chassis parts and to purchase the new and improved tires and tracks from Moebius Models.

• Like 2

Update--as promised the parts arrived from Moebius within just a few days of sending them the $4.95 for the new tracks and tires. I have not tested the rubber parts to see if they react to plastic but I am going to trust Moebius did their homework on the chemistry. The new chassis parts are a light grey color but thankfully not chewed up as the original parts in the box were. I want to than Moebius publicly for their prompt and efficient responses and for their fast shipping of the replacement parts.