Back in the saddle: 1/48 Hasagawa A-4M- DONE!

ghodges

After reorganizing my stash and rebuilding my work bench area, I'm back at work! I've started an A-4M Skyhawk that will be in an aggressor scheme.

003_11.jpg

004_8.jpg

This is the kit cockpit tub with an Eduard pre-painted pe set used for the main panel and side consoles. The resin seat is from the spares box with Eduard pe placards and parts added. It's all been closed up in the fuselage which is now assembled, as are the wings.

In spite of having SEVEN Skyhawks of all kinds built on my shelves, this is the first Hasagawa 1/48 Skyhawk I've built! :smiley29: More pics as progress continues!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

Wow!!! Great cockpit Gil. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the build. I particularly liked the disorganized way that the belts looked. I suspect that you did a fair amount of work making them look right.

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little busy and a little lazy, but the basic painting and initial gloss coat are done....

002_12.jpg

004_9.jpg

I free handed the camo pattern. Next time I'll use some sort of soft mask. Still a ways to go with the washes and weathering, which will hopefully be the saving grace!

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges

And another 'Gil-ful' Masterpiece hits the shelf! Brilliant way to begin the New Year Gil. You're off to a great start! Looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year brings!