1/16 31 FORD DIRT MODIFIED----- FINISHED----- 7-10-16

GaryDavis

Thanks for all the great compliments folks... I just got my computer back from the shop and it's got windows 10 in it and I'm still working with it. Trying to learn all the NEW stuff. I do have update pics to take and load in. As soon as I get to that....I'll post a few update pics....

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the compliments folks. It's been some time since I've been able to do an update. My computer went waaaay south on me and I had to buy a new one. It was loaded with Windows 10, and Man...I had to learn all the idiosyncrasies ( had to look that word up...spell check didn't even come close..LOL).

Here is an update: The chassis is ALMOST complete. Still have to finish with the fuel cell and mount it in plus run the fuel line to the fuel log on the carb. Front end is done. the rear is complete along with the brake lines from the master cylinder. I still have to make the Racing harness and mount the seat in after they are made. The first coat of the first color will be shot on in a day or so. It's starting to look like a finished car. Here are a few pics for a look see....

The front with the poseable steering...
P1030016-vi.jpg

P1030004-vi.jpg

Rear end with the Brake plumbing...
P1030002-vi.jpg

Filters on Carb and valve cover. The Spring and throttle linkage are added here too...
P1030034-vi.jpg

P1030027-vi.jpg

The other side to see fuel log..and interior work.....
P1030031-vi.jpg

There's still a few things to finish but it's starting to give that let's fire it up feel. Thanks for looking in folks....

• Like 1

Freakin' WOOOOOOOW!!!!! That thing is like waaaay off the dang charts Gary!! Details are great right down to the color coordination man!! BTW....I hear you on the Windows 10. I updated my computer from Windows 7 to 10 not too long ago just to get it overwith and it took some gettin' used to.

Edited by mustang1989

Hey Joe...thanks for the compliment bubba!!!

Man...I don't mind the speed that 10 has...but it's set up in the same fashion as my wife's' i phone. All the tiles and the same B.S on the desk top. Sooo...I reset my desk top with my own pic and set all the the icons that I want to go to there also. It's the same way I had it when I had XP Pro. Man...Why do they keep mess'in with a good thing. Of course...WE know the answer to that question....MONEY. Oh well...I guess if a person wants to play in this ball park...they have to abide by the park rules. I digress now...LOL

The chassis is a roller now and in these mock up pics...the cage isn't in. I'm still adjusting the front body height..and I think I like it where it's at now. All body work is finished and it's ready for color. I still have to run the fuel line from tank to carb. That will be done when when I mount the engine in permanently. That should be today... Here's a few pics to see the stance...
Thanks for looking in folks......

P1030042-vi.jpg

P1030041-vi.jpg

P1030040-vi.jpg

Well...here's an update sooner than I thought I could get done. This is not finished yet but you can see the paint scheme that was applied. The racing harness and the dash still need to be added to the interior to finish that area. Here are a few pics of the body paint. Numbers, sponsors, nerf bars and trunk lid still have to be added. Thanks for looking in....

newpaint1-vi.jpg

newpaint5-vi.jpg

newpaint4-vi.jpg

newpaint3-vi.jpg

• Like 1

Man that is just a wicked and wild paint scheme right there Gary! You really went for broke with this one!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Joe...

The chassis is finished. I've also started on the Decals on the body. Hopefully I will get that finished this weekend or sooner. Here are a few pics of the finished chassis....

FC9-vi.jpg

FC10-vi.jpg

FC5-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking in folks...

Thanks Joe for the GREAT compliment....This car is finished. Here are some final pics of the 31 Dirt Car.
P1030086-vi.jpg

P1030067-vi.jpg

P1030085-vi.jpg

P1030087-vi.jpg

P1030089-vi.jpg

P1030080-vi.jpg

Thanks to ALL who have stop in and commented and gave support to this build....

Edited by GaryDavis
  • Like 1

IMPRESSIVE, start to finish.

Loved the in progress stuff...you showed exactly what was done to get this from pieces of plastic to a great looking finished auto.

Congratulations on a great build.

Bill

Thank you Bill....it was a good build for me. I really enjoyed building a car that brought back some great memories for me from the 60s and 70s. Just watching the Vintage Modified series up here is just flat too Kool. My old neighbor runs a 35 Dodge 5 window coupe in that series. I want to build a replica of his car soon. It's on the build list for sure...

Hi, Gary,

I have been viewing this project of yours from its beginning. I believe you have actually built a small car here; I only build models. That's a big difference. Congratulations on a superb conclusion.

Ed

Jeez.............! :o That..............is some fine work right there Gary! I've really enjoyed following along for this ride! Awesome stuff right there.

Thanks Joe.....next up is....an I.S.M.A. Super Modified..... a 29 Track nose/boat tail roadster......the 1966 Lloyd Ruby AAR Eagle Indy car.......a F5000 Lola..the Unser car.....The list goes on. The 29 roadster is really hitting me hard...along with the Super. But...as I set here and think about it....I still have a family Race car to build. That's a 34 ford sedan that my uncle drove in 53-54 season at Shasta Speedway, Redding Ca. What ever build I do...I'll post a wip on it. Thank you for the interest.

• Like 1