I win!

VonL

Thanx guys. The Imai bike was challenging. Every step included at least one fiddly, fragile part that disintegrated on the sprue during cutting, or didn't seem to fit right and/or was not clearly depicted in the instructions, issues with cutting & trimming chrome parts, etc. Am still not sure if I got the tubing/cable runs right. Not really happy with it. So my lovely assistant is there to distract any contest judges from finding those various faux pas. Can't really compete it anyway, as the fine, custom paint job was done by Greg Hansel, who did the factory paint demo at the CO Nats.

The figure is a Legend Productions product, '150mm Cow Girl', IIRC. Given the (in)famous biker culture in our state, she has more of the character that I was looking for, compared to the very few, Euro-car-show type figures out there. Searching '1/12 resin figure' and 150mm on EBay was interesting. Then there was the need to do an image search of 'biker babes' - research, and all that. I did make a subtle, but important mod to the chaps, so it was time well spent. Yup.

"Hi, this is my friend Kytt. She's...a model..."

Edited by VonL

Thanx guys. The Imai bike was challenging. Every step included at least one fiddly, fragile part that disintegrated on the sprue during cutting, or didn't seem to fit right and/or was not clearly depicted in the instructions, issues with cutting & trimming chrome parts, etc. Am still not sure if I got the tubing/cable runs right. Not really happy with it. So my lovely assistant is there to distract any contest judges from finding those various faux pas. Can't really compete it anyway, as the fine, custom paint job was done by Greg Hansel, who did the factory paint demo at the CO Nats.

The figure is a Legend Productions product, '150mm Cow Girl', IIRC. Given the (in)famous biker culture in our state, she has more of the character that I was looking for, compared to the very few, Euro-car-show type figures out there. Searching '1/12 resin figure' and 150mm on EBay was interesting. Then there was the need to do an image search of 'biker babes' - research, and all that. I did make a subtle, but important mod to the chaps, so it was time well spent. Yup.

"Hi, this is my friend Kytt. She's...a model..."

Cables and hoses look right from this angle. Would need to see better photos of the left and right sides to be sure though......

Better photos!

I'm not gonna sweat the cables. Don't really wanna know, at this point. I'll let Kytt handle it.

Harley%20Phat%20City%20-%2012th%20scale%

Edited by VonL