Panzer I Ausf. A ?

TimDarrah

I'm working on the Historic Plastic Models (rough kit) of the Pz. I Ausf. A "Modificado" and have a question about the I A. On the right side of the hull up fron is a pipe or tube the runs from the glasics plate to just aft of the superstructer. The kit has a screen type of detail on it. Might anyone out there know if this was a tube open at the end above the right fender, or just what it is?

Thanks,

Tim,

Here is a link to a 1/35 build. No actually pictures but it gives a great shot of what you are talking about.

http://misc.kitreview.com/armourreviews/pz...rreviewsp_1.htm

Can't believe there aren't a lot of Panzer I walk arounds. I checked three or four sites last night and zip.

Okay, I have found a site with some photos of the Saumur Panzerkampfwagen IA.

PzKpfw IA

Judging by the photos, and having built the Tristar kit, I would venture to guess it is some ventilation for the gearbox or the brake mechanism. Later Panzers had protrusions over the brake access hatches for ventilation.

I'm working on the Historic Plastic Models (rough kit) of the Pz. I Ausf. A "Modificado" and have a question about the I A. On the right side of the hull up fron is a pipe or tube the runs from the glasics plate to just aft of the superstructer. The kit has a screen type of detail on it. Might anyone out there know if this was a tube open at the end above the right fender, or just what it is?

Thanks,

I know they don't have anything on the PzIa, but for anything else Military go to www.primeportal.net. They have all kinds of different armor, aircraft, weapons, tools and vehicles as walkarounds. Give the site a try. :smiley20::smiley20: