Bridge of Spies

ClareWentzel

Just got back from seeing the Tom Hanks movie, "Bridge of Spies". The wife and I both loved it. Good characters and an interesting story. Lots of good references to the late 50's time frame. Cars, women's makeup etc. were correct. Being a modeler, I was annoyed that they used clips of a U-2R for the movie instead of the earlier models but I was probably the only one in the theater who knew. I was still in college when Powers was shot down and the government said that a weather recon airplane went off course. My roommate and I both laughed because a 3-view of the plane had been published a couple of years earlier in a model magazine. The 3-view said that "it is rumored that the plane is used for high-altitude reconnaissance over the iron curtain".

Sadly, I think thats just how it goes. After Apollo 13 was released, guys in the Real space Modelers group saw numerous "problems" with the Saturn V depicted. I agree with your belief is that this happens because "too few" will know the difference.

I just thought it was a good movie. I really didn't get into the details of the U-2. I don't understand why on forums like this that if it is a plane, ship, armor, or car, in a movie, that can be modeled, that people will tear it apart. It was a good movie had good actors and actresses. Why can it not be left at that?

I just thought it was a good movie. I really didn't get into the details of the U-2. I don't understand why on forums like this that if it is a plane, ship, armor, or car, in a movie, that can be modeled, that people will tear it apart. It was a good movie had good actors and actresses. Why can it not be left at that?

Such as was the case for "FURY".... :army7: :army8: :smiley29:

Archived