The Duke Finishes Five More Armor

Mark Deliduka

This brings me up to 680 completed armor models now.

Let me start with a couple artillery pieces for my Italian and Russian Armies.

This first gun is a rather toy-like re-pop from Water 1815 done by Italeri for wargame armies. I got it because th4e figures looked good ion the kit and this is the only way I was going to get a heavy gun in 1/72 scale for my Italian Army. Here it is completed and ready for delivery:

Italian_155mm_Gun_I.jpg

Italian_155mm_Gun_II.jpg

I'll finish the troops up later, but this gun at least is completed.

Next, My Russian Army took delivery of a couple pieces. First was this BS-3 anti-tank gun from ACE. I had lost this model some months back and even questioned whether I had actually started it at all. Then I found it after my extensive Hobby Room Cleanup. Here it is all completed:

Russian_BS_3_AT_Gun_I.jpg

Russian_BS_3_AT_Gun_II.jpg

The second thing my Russian Army got was this T-90 tank with the welded turret. This model is from Modelcollect and has a metal hull. It went together like a dream. I'm glad to have this in my collection:

Russian_T_90_Tank_WeldedTurret_I.jpg

Russian_T_90_Tank_WeldedTurret_II.jpg

Russian_T_90_Tank_WeldedTurret_III.jpg

Next, my US Marines received this LAV-25. This was a Trumpeter kit that I got from my IPMS club's Distressed Kit Auction. It was "severely started" as we like to say; a pic of the contents of the box can be seen in my Maddog Manufacturing Thread. This was finished completely without instructions as they were missing in the kit when I got it:

US_Marine_LAV_25_Bertha_I.JPG

US_Marine_LAV_25_Bertha_II.JPG

I noticed I had a floating wheel back there. That got fixed already.

Finally, my US Army took delivery of my M-65 Atomic Annie. This is the Dragon Black Label kit and I've been working on this for awhile. This has been one of my Holy Grails and now I have it in my collection:

US_Army_M_65_Atomic_Annie_I.jpg

US_Army_M_65_Atomic_Annie_II.jpg

US_Army_M_65_Atomic_Annie_III.jpg

US_Army_M_65_Atomic_Annie_IV.jpg

These are five of the seven models I completed this week. The other two can be found in the Ships Forums, so feel free to go check them out as well. Meanwhile, thanks for looking in, comments are welcome.

Those are great looking models you've got there Mark!!! I do have one question though. Where in the world do you display 680 models at??

Thanks Chris! It feel great finally getting these done!

Thanks Joseph! I appreciate that very much! I have one room of a two-bedroom condo with shelves along two walls that extend from two feet above the floor to one foot below the ceiling. Most all the 680 armor models are on those shelves along with my 400+ aircraft, 380+ ships and some other assorted models. The only ones not on the shelves are two armored trains and Dora because I have no room.

Someday; when I get more boxes removed; I'll take a new pic of my Hobby Room.

Thanks again for the great replies guys! Stay tuned for more.

Hi, Mark,

Here's a question to display my ignorance: On the tractors for Atomic Annie, is the masking tape still on the cab windows? All the windows seem opaque to me.

Nice work on the lot, but I like AA best.

Ed

Thanks Gil! Yeah, I had to join the "dark side". They have cookies!

Hi, Mark,

Here's a question to display my ignorance: On the tractors for Atomic Annie, is the masking tape still on the cab windows? All the windows seem opaque to me.

Nice work on the lot, but I like AA best.

Ed

Ed,l I simply forgot to remove the masking from the windows. I was so thrilled to have finished this that I just overlooked it until someone on another Forums pointed it out. I have new pics taken of Annie without the masking; I need to get them posted soon.

Gil, good one! LOL!

Thanks Joseph! I appreciate that very much! I have one room of a two-bedroom condo with shelves along two walls that extend from two feet above the floor to one foot below the ceiling. Most all the 680 armor models are on those shelves along with my 400+ aircraft, 380+ ships and some other assorted models. The only ones not on the shelves are two armored trains and Dora because I have no room.

Now this...........I've gotta see!

Now this...........I've gotta see!

Okay, I guess I'd better get a start on this then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know everyone has already seen this, but I had brought Dora in to Hobby Day for repairs (the damage can see seen in the Maddog Manufacturing Thread). Since I also had Annie there at Hobby Day; I took the opportunity to shoot a few pics of the two guns sitting side by side. It's an interesting comparison to say the least.

Keep in mind that both of these models are in the same scale

Here's Dora after her repairs, sitting next to her American cousin Annie:

Annie_Dora_Contrast_I.jpg

Annie_Dora_Contrast_IV.jpg

Quite an interesting study in artillery ain't it?

Enjoy!

• Like 1