Bleche Wite and resin models?

PeteJ

I have recently purchased an all resin model from Fisher Pattern. A rather expensive model and I don't want to screw it up. I have heard that the best chemical to remove the mold release is Bleche Wite tire cleaner. I purchased some, but would like to know how all you experts in resin use it.

Do you soak the parts over night or just clean the parts with it?

Do you use it full strength from the bottle or dilute it?

Once it is cleaned, do you wash the part with detergent and water to get the Bleche Wite off?

Any other tips?

Thanks for your help!

:unsure:

• Like 1

One of my friends uses it religiously. He puts it in a tub, immerses the parts for a little while (5-10 minutes), scrubs them with a old toothbrush and then rinses with lot sof water. You could use dish soap to rinse it off too. Lots of water on the rinse and you should be good to go.

Paul Fishers kits are great. Which one did you get?

Dave

Thanks Dave. I got the Bugatti 100P Stunning little aircraft from the 30's. If you missed it, the reproduction flew successfully for the second time the other day.(The original never flew. WWII intervened) Here is the link to their face book page. Fun to watch them recreate this little beauty! https://www.facebook.com/TheBugatti100pProject

• Like 1

Because of the positioning of the engines and gear box I plan on breaking out the mill and lathe. Lots of natural metal finished that would look great in machined aluminum.

• Like 1

All my resin cleaning has been a gentle scrub with mild Dawn dish detergent in warm water, then gentle scrub in cold water to rinse off - separate pans and toothbrushes.

Have no reason to think it doesn't work. One less thing to dispose of properly and SWMBO lets me clean parts in the kitchen where I can spread them out on the counter on paper towels to dry..

Edited by JohnRatzenberger

All my resin cleaning has been a gentle scrub with mild Dawn dish detergent in warm water, then gentle scrub in cold water to rinse off - separate pans and toothbrushes.

Have no reason to think it doesn't work. One less thing to dispose of properly and SWMBO lets me clean parts in the kitchen where I can spread them out on the counter on paper towels to dry..

Thanks John. Love the reference to Rumpole of the Bailey. I haven't thought of that program in years. :smiley2: