MJ Kinney Remembrance

Eric Aitala

Mary Jane Kinney, the IPMS/USA Office Manager, passed away on October 14.

MJ was the face of our organization to our members and those outside our organization. We will miss her sense of humor, willingness to help our members, and her tolerance of the uniqueness of our members.

Our condolences to her family and friends on their loss.

Dick Christ

President

IPMS/USA

Mary Jane was a Very Special Person who was especially dedicated to serving IPMS/USA's members and a valuable contributor to our Society's success over the last 20 years.

MJ you will be sorely missed by all of us that had the great privilege of knowing and working with you. Thank You for being in my life.

I never met MJ personally, but most of us, whether we knew it or not, had contact with her through her efficient running of the national office for so many years. I am deeply saddened to hear of her passing and extend my sympathies to her family and her many friends both inside and outside IPMS-USA.

A very sad day. I'll miss the occaisional email from MJ, the always quick responses from her, and my yearly visit with her at the Nats. I'll remember her fondly.

Rest in Peace MJ!

Mike

Such sad news. MJ was a true gem and one of the nicest people I ever met. Her loss will be felt by all of IPMS. Say hello to Ed for us and blue skies forever!

RIP MJ. She was always happy and helpful. We will miss her smile at the Nats and for the efficient way that the IPMS office has been run these past years. I hope that Ed has his cigar put out by the time she gets there to meet him again.;-)

MJ impressed me as one of the most gracious people I ever met. She was always a pleasure to deal with and I was continually amazed at just how quickly she responded to my requests for help.May the Lord rest her soul and bless her family with loving memories of her and Ed to help ease their grief.

GIL

This is truly sad news. I had the pleasure of corresponding with MJ on many occasions as well as to chat with her at the Business Meeting each year.

Gil's description of her as "gracious " is perfect. As professional as she was in discharging her administrative duties for IPMS, she was equally consistently polite, understanding, kind and patient. Her demeanor was all the more remarkable when we recall that she displayed these rare talents while dealing with a membership not always so gracious themselves. She was the very definition of class.

When I spoke with her at this year's Business Meeting, it was clear she had not been well. But when we exchanged e-mails a few weeks ago, she indicated that she was getting better. In retrospect, perhaps this was MJ displaying yet again her style, graciousness, discipline and class.

I will miss her very much. How much the passing of this kind lady must sadden her family, I cannot begin to imagine. Hopefully, the knowledge of how she had earned the love and respect of so many members of this Society will be some comfort to them.

May you rest in peace. Nick Filippone

M.J. was a terriffic lady. always willing to go the extra mile to help. After hurricane Katrina when mail and just about everything else was undeliverable in the affected areas, she automatically extended everyone's membership in the affected areas so no one's membership would expire, because dues were not able to be mailed in. Blue skies M.J.......

We are very saddened to hear this news. I very much enjoyed my yearly talk with her each spring when renewing our family membership.

We always enjoyed saying hello to MJ at the Nats. We know she will be missed by many.

Our condolences, your Canadian friends, Michael and Janyce.

MJ was certainly a Class Act, A#1 person. Condolences to all of her family and friends, there must be a whole lot of saddened people over this. I will sure miss her when going to the "IPMS/USA office".

Skip

Having just join pins I was frustrated by the time lag in processing my application. Mary Jane apologized for the delay saying there had been illness but that the matter would be handled the following week. I knew nothing of the extent of this issue but hearing this news saddens me. Most things in life are trivial compared to the loss of very special people.

I never met either Ed or MJ Kinney, but saw them at several of the IPMS/USA National Conventions.

With the many postings on this forum as well as on other forums both had a positive impact on those who knew them and upon this organization. Let their memories serve us all as reminders on how we should live our lives and treat others with dignity and respect. Their passing is a loss for all of us.

Although they will be missed by many, they touched all of us, directly or indirectly. That will remain forever.

Truly sad news. I've only dealt with her a few times in person at the Nationals, but what a fun and quick wit she had. Condolences to her family and friends.

Like many others, I never met MJ personally but I felt like I knew her a little through our emails at insurance times and when I did our mass Niagara Frontier chapter membership renewals. Her personality came though her writing and I always looked forward to our “conversations”. I know I will miss them.

She mentioned several times that she and Ed wished they could get to one of our BuffCons and I am sad that never happened. I did get to meet Ed on several occasions at the Erie Scale Modelers shows and found him to be a real pleasure to talk with. He and MJ were quite a pair. God speed to them both.

Dick Schulenberg

IPMS Niagara Frontier

Archived