Is anyone building the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon?

ewahl

Yes, I admit it. I subscribed to the 25 months of installment build of the DeAgostini Model Space Millennium Falcon. I started last May, so I am 24% completed on the build through October.

Since nobody in the United States will be done with this model until mid-2017 (United Kingdom builders are four months ahead), the first opportunity to enter one will be at the Omaha Nats in July 2017. These things are so big that only two will fit on a contest table. Pay attention, Omaha! Class 600 Sci-Fi will require LOTS of table space. Suppose there are enough for their own split category?

So, if you are building this kit, post your name here. Let the Force be with you!

Ed

HI, Rusty,

It's out of many, many, many boxes. :smiley29: Scratchbuilding and aftermarket resin and PE, if used, will not permit entry into an OOB category, and it will be hard to avoid the temptation to go beyond what is provided in the boxes. Nice as they are, the model's cockpit and interior spaces beg for embelleshment.

Ed

HI, Rusty,

It's out of many, many, many boxes. :smiley29: Scratchbuilding and aftermarket resin and PE, if used, will not permit entry into an OOB category, and it will be hard to avoid the temptation to go beyond what is provided in the boxes. Nice as they are, the model's cockpit and interior spaces beg for embelleshment.

Ed

I understand about OOB. My question is...Can you stand the temptation NOT to embellish the kit and KEEP it OOB?