membership perks

BrianMiller

I recently renewed my membership and I saw that it said on the paper that i recieved that there may be some discounts available. What are these discounts? Are there any online hobby shops that give membership discounts? Thanks

I know of no national agreements for any discounts. Perhaps referring to LHSs that sometimes give a discount to IPMS? I'll ask the rest of the eboard and report back.

Well, from an individual standpoint, getting to know the greatest bunch of modelers and people is my personal favorite (as well as participating in the IPMS Nationals) but if you are looking for monetary reasons, I can offer two.

First, you can join our reviewer corps. This program gets you free items and all you need to do is build, read, etc., the item and review them. Several of the reviewers have reviewed over 300 items worth more than $10000 for the price of writing a review. Heck, reviewing a couple decal sheets covers the membership fee

Second, if that's not your cup of tea, check this page:

http://www.ipmsusa.org/member_services/index.shtml

It shows any current discounts nationally. I know some hobby shops also offer discounts but that isn't tracked. And I have probably forgotten something too

Dave