1/32 Revell Ju-88 Build

TheDude

Hello All,

Here is one of my latest builds, the 1/32 revell Ju-88. I just finished painting it and doing a little wet sanding. It's built OOB and the markings will be the box art version. I've been working on it off and on for about 2 months between my 1/32 scale hornet and Su-27UB. I had a small accident with the clear nose piece, I cracked it while I was masking it off. Luckily I robbed the part from the 2nd one I have. Now I need to contact ROG to get another part. :smiley19:

Here are a few pix, Enjoy!

HPIM0902.jpg

HPIM0903.jpg

HPIM0904.jpg

HPIM0905.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics! I'm looking forward to watching this project as it progresses.

The camo looks great! I'm glad to see big new kits like that doing well (sold and built). That means that somewhere down the line they'll have the money to put out something right up my alley.

Are you using pre-cut masks, or doing it the hard way? I know the thought of cutting my own masks for clear parts like that is almost daunting enough to make me shelve the project! Yours is looking sharp! I look forward to the final pics!

GIL :smiley16:

Thanks Dick, hopefully I'll have it done within a few weeks. B)

Gil: Yeah I hope they do more big scale stuff, I was hearing a rumor of a 1/32 HE-111 from Revell to compliment the Ju-88 but we shall see. :o This kit is going together good so far, not many problems- just a couple of small fiddly things.

As for the masking I am doing it the hard way. Xacto knife and Tamiya tape for the camo and canopy. It's time consuming for sure. It took my about 4 straight hours to mask the canopy alone and about 3 for the camo. Went through a roll of tape between the two projects. But worth it in the end IMO.