Length of Membership

John Walker

Recently I noticed on my profile that it has me listed as being a member since 14 July 2008. Where did this date come from? I have been a continuous member for 35 years, joining around late 1980, or early 1981. As proof of this I offer the fact that I won first place in the scratch built armor category at the 1981 USANATS in NYC (although there was an error with the records where the winners were recorded in reverse order, 3-2-1, although Steve Zaloga physically switched the awards as we exited the banquet: I have the first in my possession!). Not that the date means much of anything to me (it surely doesn't add to my SS check :smiley14: ), but what the heck, can we get this fixed? Can I update the file myself?

Thanks,

John Walker 14241

You guys are all children! Except Marmo. And Wentzel. Guys like us are "elder statesmen" and should be shown proper respect! :-)

IPMS # 1746.

You guys are all children! Except Marmo. And Wentzel. Guys like us are "elder statesmen" and should be shown proper respect! :-)

IPMS # 1746.

Probably the key word is "Elder". Not sure about the "statesmen". ;-)

And glad to have ya Tim! :smiley32: All of us were FNGs at one time or another. :smiley20: It's just some of us have trouble remembering the decade it happened.... :blink: Particularly if it was back in the 70's.... :smiley4:

GIL :smiley16:

Edited by ghodges