ewahl

Destination Moon from George Pal in 1950 gave us the color sci-fi movie with the moon ship Luna. Pegasus gave us a nice injection molded kit of the ship and a moon surface base. Unfortunately, the base has no locating spots for the four-point landing, so I decided to use one of the craters as a flame pit for the rocket just before landing touchdown. Comments are welcome.

Ed

024_zpsicqn9ddj.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice!

I just picked up this model and couldn't believe they were calling this 1:144. I was expecting some little 3 or 4in . model in the box.

I also got some of the new Vallejo metallic paints to try on this. I hope it turns out 1/10 as well as yours.

Thanks, Kevin and Mark,

The finish on the rocket ship is Alclad II over the black Alclad base. Airbrush. I shot this picture against a WHITE background of foam boards. I do not know why the camera turned everything so dark.

The rocket has only a few pieces, but the seams all need attention along the hull and around the fin-to-hull joints. There were a few sink holes in the plastic, so fill, sand, and polish those, too.

Ed

Thanks for the advise about the seams and sink holes. I'll definitely be moving this kit up to the top of the to do pile. :smiley2:

The reason it looks dark IS because of the white background,it tricked the camera to think the scene was too bright.

Edited by Roktman