TIE/LN Fighter

kpatterson

Here is my TIE fighter I just completed this evening. It is a Revell snap together stripped and repainted and converted to a "glue model". Scale is unknown but may be 1/32?? I did all of the normal build stuff, parts clean up, seam sanding, etc. This is my first sci-fi model as I usually build aircraft.

I lit the cockpit and engines with LEDs which are powered by small coin sized batteries in the base with a micro toggle switch. I added some Waldron 1/48 scale instrument dials to the cockpit but are hard to see even with the hatch open.

I painted with Model Master light ghost gray and added a dark gray acrylic wash. Dry brushing was done with a lighter shade of Vallejo medium gray mixed with white. I did some weathering to the solar panels with a very diluted Model Master light gray sprayed in a random pattern with the airbrush. The base and stand were painted semi gloss black the misted with Alclad II magnesium to give it that metallic sci-fi look.

I quickly took the photos on the workbench with my phone. Sorry for the messy workbench :unsure:

Thanks for looking, Ken

IMG_0498.jpg

IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

• 4 weeks later...