Your favorite washes, acrylic or oils?

kpatterson

Wondering what everyone's favorite type of wash for panel lines and details? Why?

I prefer acrylics. Easy to use and dry quick. I use liquitex acrylics from Hobby Lobby. Use one part paint to about 12 parts water and one very small drop of dish detergent for good flow. Lately I've been mixing in larger quantities and keeping spare paint jars. Recently I've been using Vallejo paint for washes with good results.

Your thoughts?

Ken

Depends.

For panel lines, I love acrylics or the premade washes (like Florys, etc.) or watercolors.

For things that need to flow better (figures), I like oils. You can get them transparent and flow better

Dave

• 3 months later...

I just bought 2 bottles of Testors CreateFX acrylic washes. Have had mixed results so far. Brushing on over Tamaya or Vallejo paint allowed me to let stand for an hour and then use a q-tip dipped in water to remove the excess, (beyond the panel lines or grills). Doing the same thing over a coat of Future was a differnt story. Excess would not come off and had to use a little Tamaya thinner to get the excess off.

Has anybody used the Testors product? andif so what is your impression?

thanks

Clutch

I use the MIG dark wash almost exclusively. The only thing I have found it too dark on so far has been radome tan. Simply shake and apply. No mixing, drys quick and USUALLY comes off fairly easily.

:Smile_sceptic: