Leopard 2A6

catdude01

Hi Fellas, back in business again! This time a easy kit for me, the Leopard 2A6 from Tamiya, wonderful kit, very easy to work with. Mine was a trade with a friend from FB, everything was ok, but the rubber tracks were over streched, so I have to replace it, I choose the Friulmodel tracks, metal barrel and whatnot, a small PE Set too.

I agree Bryan, its looks like a Star Wars Universe tank with all this B&W effects. Its really a fun way to play with the kit before apply the base color.

And this kit is really a breeze to build and really good looking one. Highly recommended for everyone, even OOB.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the black and white pictures, very futuristic, urban looking combat vehicle. Like it's hunting terminators. I think this model is one of Tamiya's best modern armor kits. You've done it justice. Can't wait to see it completed.

• 1 month later...

I dunno........looks like it's "depot ready" as is. If you do add any weathering, I'd keep it VERY light, so as not to detract from the great camo work. I think it looks like a "ready to go" Nato piece now, so unless you want to depict it as fresh off of an exercise, I'd quit while I was ahead!

GIL :smiley16:

• Like 1

I love the wear and scratches along the track skirts. About the only thing I'd change is the spare tracks on the front slope. I'd leave those all black vs. having the camouflage pattern continue over the track blocks. Spare tracks are often used as needed and then replaced with a couple of "fresh" blocks upon return.

• Like 1

I love the wear and scratches along the track skirts. About the only thing I'd change is the spare tracks on the front slope. I'd leave those all black vs. having the camouflage pattern continue over the track blocks. Spare tracks are often used as needed and then replaced with a couple of "fresh" blocks upon return.

Thanks for the tip, noted!