Sea Plane Kit with Registration Packet

I got the seaplane too in my registration packet. Thank you Phil for posting the instructions! And, also for the painting guide! I do have to ask, as I am a ship modeler, would it be okay to put the clear parts in the airplane with Micro Kristal Kleer or just put the whole plane together without the clear parts and then take a q-tip or a toothpick or something of the like and make the windows with Kristal Kleer only that way? I do like Micro Kristal Kleer for making windows on my ships.

Actually, either way would work. Do what you feel is easiest as both techniques will work. Looking forward to seeing you work on this.

Nathan,

I would use the kit canopy with Kristal Kleer and then just make the side windows with the Kleer after painting.

I haven't found any aftermarket decals for this kit but you can check with Minicraft or even Airfix (US Airfix) to see if they still have a copy of their sheet.

As Ron said, you can do one in British markings.

Clipper_boac_GB_044_500.jpg

Or even US markings from WWII.

kauck314d.jpg

Both images pulled from the web.

Edited by philp

OK Phil, How did you find the Clipper instructions on the Airfix Tribute Forum? I clicked on "Airfix Civil Aircraft Kit Instruction Index" . From there, under 1/144 kits, I clicked on "Boeing 314 Clipper 1967" and got a message that "The requested topic does not exist.". Just an old guy trying to figure out what I did wrong. Thanks to you and Ron, by the way, for the info.

I cheated. :smiley17:

I got the same result you did. So did a Google search and found a few articles and then checked into them to find what I found.

I must have really scored! I got the Columbine and it has the instructions AND decals inside.

I don't normally build 1/144 scale, but I will build this little gem in remembrance of my last Nationals.

I also got the Columbine with instructions and decals. 1:144 isn't my scale for planes either, but I too will build it especially after taking the USAF tour, getting into the Presidental hangar and seeing the real thing. :D

504.jpg

Edited by Roktman

Sweet! 1/144 isn't my scale either, but I'm half debating placing it on a base with a 1/35th or 1/24th scale guy holding a radio controller and calling it the "World's Largest Radio Controlled Aircraft"! LOL!

Looking forward to seeing your Columbine!